Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Black Keys


I'm coming back strong (in terms of music, not reviewing prowess) with this blues-rock duo reminiscent of The White Stripes. Both bands have only a drummer and a guitarist, and both have intense, in-your-face, harsh yet AMAZING guitar. One difference between the two is that the Black Keys music always sounds raw. Always, without fail. But I'm not here to describe these guys in terms of the White Stripes. They have a traditional blues-rock sound but an original style. The drums especially give this band a unique feel that I myself cannot describe in words. Call me lazy, but I'm just gonna leave the opinions up to what you think when you listen. They may not be everyone's favorite band (considering how often you hear people raving about blues-rock), but I'm sure everyone can appreciate them. If I could, I'd give you their entire album Rubber Factory, but I can't. So here's Grown So Ugly, When the Lights Go Out, and Till I Get My Way from that very album.

No comments:

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com