Monday, February 11, 2008

The Fratellis


It would be horribly wrong of me to say I discovered them for myself. Or to say I knew about them before person X. Basically, I only learned about the Fratellis' existence since the time the movie Hot Fuzz came out. After hearing them in the soundtrack, I immediately figured out who they were and obtained several songs - they're just that good. The bottom line is the fact that I have heard of them means I'm allowed to tell you people about them and sound knowledgeable. And the good news is I'm finally putting up a band that's NOT from L.A. The Fratellis are from Glasgow, Scotland, and all three members share the same last name: Fratelli. Now. They are classified as being Indie Rock and Post-Punk Revival. A more accurate description is "music that makes you happy when you listen to it" (courtesy of Ryan Martin-Patterson) because of the quick, happy music and the light-hearted lyrics. Most of the songs are about picking up girls or in general trying to have a good time. The subject matter is funny. The music is upbeat. The instruments are great. The Fratellis are just plain amazing. Listen to Flathead and Chelsea Dagger.

No comments:

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com