Monday, April 14, 2008

The Free Press


Extra, extra, read all about these Canadian pop-rockers in the following review! Witty opening line, I know, but my impeccable sense of humor will only get me so far. Since it's clear I'm not being funny no matter how hard I try : (, on to the writing!
While the first sentence was truly a horrifying display of uninspired writing, it was at least informative. You now know that this five-man band is from Canada (Toronto, in fact), and you know their musical style. Or...at least you think you do. To be honest, despite the labels of Pop and Rock that they gave themselves on indiesolo.com, I am at a loss as to how to categorize their music. Then again, I only have three songs. From what I've heard though, they combine the casual yet wholesome feel-good aspect of pop with wonderful harmonies and poetic lyrics. It is clear from their abilities that these guys have some type of formal musical training, but they're very down-to-earth. This probably is a result of the fact that they're virtually unknown and there's nothing to be arrogant about, but dammit I'm gonna look at it in a positive light: they haven't been corrupted by success and praise. It is therefore my hope that we can all corrupt them together by listening to Love and Wonder and The Beginning of the End of the World.

1 comment:

@lex said...

thank you for your kind words. You might be surprised to know we have a disturbing lack of formal training. We've just been playing together a long time. I wish we could take some training, that's cheaper and faster than sucking for years :)

But in all seriousness thank you for recognizing the hard work we put into our music. We're happy that our music strikes you as both accessible but not derivative.

Thanks very much for taking the time to spread the word about this thing of ours.

Cheers,
Alex
The Free Press
www.freepressmusic.com

"Half Truths and Whole Lies featuring the single Love and Wonder, available now on I-tunes, CD Baby and Amazon.com"

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com