Sunday, February 3, 2008

MC Lars




I feel that I much too often overlook the work of MC Lars, so I decided that a post about him was very necessary. Unfortunately, when I started writing a post about MC Lars, self-proclaimed originator of post-punk laptop rap, I was completely stumped as to which song to focus on. The name might sound familiar to you from his low on the radar semi-hit “Hot Topic is not Punk Rock”, but after going through his music, I was pretty certain that it was not his best work. I searched through his social commentaries, and geek shout-outs finally landing on his song Ahab. It’s based on Herman Melville’s Moby Dick. The beat is euphoric and contrasted against the not-so-fun story of Captain Ahab. The song comes off of his overall good CD “The Graduate”. If you’re feeling like some nerd core rap is what you need, I highly recommend it. Also worth checking out from Lars is “Space Game”, because the last verse is way too good, and “Mr. Raven”, based on Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Raven”.

No comments:

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com