Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Music


Hooray for the UK! I'm giving you another English rock band.
So I just recently discovered these guys for myself because of Last.FM's recommendations. This find has made me incredibly grateful for using Last.FM. So anyway, The Music are just plain awesome. The songs always start out with a solid beat that continues and evolves throughout the song. I personally just can't get enough of their guitar. It's got distortion similar to American Classic Rock (remember my George Thorogood post earlier?). However, that doesn't mean all their songs are heavy, violent rock. What they do with the rock guitar and their drum beats may surprise you; in one of the songs I'm posting they use the vocals and other sounds to create a slightly more upbeat (mellow in a way? maybe??) tune reminiscent, somehow, of both Jane's Addiction and U2. Frankly, after hearing 2 of their songs, I was hooked. These aren't the same two songs that hooked me (one is), but I hope you feel the same way after listening. Until next time.
Freedom Fighters - the one that got me hooked
Breakin' - reminds me of Jane's Addiction and U2

1 comment:

Lauren said...

These guys are pretty damn amazing. You're right. Now I am hooked, and I want moooore.

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com