Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Allman Brothers Band


After mentioning them so many times, I feel like I have to put them on here. I am also posting them because they are simply amazing. Lead guitarist Duane Allman is recognized as one of the greatest guitarists of all time, and that is saying something. Some say he is GREATER THAN ERIC CLAPTON :O
So anyway, they're from Macon, Georgia as opposed to some other place in Georgia like so many other great bands (like the ones I've mentioned and Widespread Panic). They are considered one of, if not THE most influential of all Southern rock bands that ever were. Not having heard their music should be a crime punishable by death. Although, so would dying without hearing their music...so you should probably be executed while the song Blue Sky is playing..
Basically, I couldn't think of what to put here. Pretty much everything they do is good. I just took 3 short songs that I have enjoyed in the past. I would also recommend listening to Blue Sky, Ramblin' Man, Southbound, Revival, Pegasus, and anything of theirs you can get your hands on.
Here's Midnight Rider, Ain't Wastin' Time No More, and Can't Take It With You

No comments:

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com