Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fakers - Strange Days (Thievery Corporation Remix)


Rehab co-founder and ideas man The Roman and I have decided to introduce yet another new gimmick to our beloved blog. All "Fakers" posts will contain covers, remixes, mash-ups or songs that are in some other way NOT the original. To kick things off, I am bringing you Strange Days (Thievery Corporation Remix). For those of you who don't know, Thievery Corporation the group most famous for the song Lebanese Blonde whose music spans the genres of Electronic, Lounge, Dub, and Trip Hop. I myself almost posted about them, but decided against it in order to use them in this post, thus killing two birds with one stone thanks to their apparent penchant for remixing things. This version of the classic Doors hit features several not-so-classic characteristics for our listening pleasure: a fairly simple repeating back beat and a flood of electronic, psychedelic sounds. It also incorporates jazz elements by using wind instruments to provide both harmonies and melodies at different points in the song. I'll shut up before anyone who knows more about music than I do calls me an idiot. Take a listen; you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com