Wednesday, March 19, 2008

LIONS


Jordan Romanoff once told me, "It's sad when Guitar Hero starts influencing your music tastes" or something to that effect. Since the bonus tracks are usually bands that have yet to become super mainstream and really need to be discovered to gain a following, my response to that is "fuck you Jordan..."
With that in mind, I bring you yet another band from the Guitar Hero bonus tracks. LIONS comes from Guitar Hero 3 where one can get 98% on their song "Metal Heavy Lady" on the very first try (on expert). Trust me. I did it. It's easy. But that's not what I'm writing about. Because the song is so easy to play and do well on I was able to take some time and listen to what was being played. What I heard impressed me; this Texas rock group really knows what they're doing. They have a signature guitar style that you can recognize instantly and great bass. Occasionally you think the members are just having fun and messing around with their instruments. The lead singer seems to be drowned out by the loud music at times, but his unique brand of vocals is definitely something to listen for. They might be too heavy for an indie crowd, but they're definitely fun. Short breaks and climbing scales, switching effects, sudden starts and shifts in tempo- these are just a few of the things you can expect when listening to LIONS. The only drawback is that some of their songs sound the same : /
check out LIONS at their myspace
Also, here's Come Around

No comments:

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com