Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rush


I checked both Used Rock and New Rock. I searched the top shelf and the bottom shelf. They told me they had a copy in New Rock, so I knew they had it somewhere. After painstakingly searching through the Used Rock a second time, I noticed a case that seemed to have dropped between two others. There it was: Feedback - the Rush album I had been searching for. Thank you Amoeba!!
What was the point of that anecdote? Answer: it didn't have one. I just thought it'd be a good way of showing how much I wanted a Rush CD (even if it's comprised of covers of 8 amazing songs from other bands). So. A bit about Rush. Three Candian guys who started a Rock band heavily influenced by such artists as The Who, The Yardbirds, Cream, Buffalo Springfield, etc. They are considered to be Progressive Rock and have influenced a shitload of bands with their style. One great aspect of their music is that the bass lines are often just as intense as the guitar parts (in songs like YYZ even more so). Now I probably shouldn't be writing a post about a band that is so well-known, but I feel like the most famous stuff isn't necessarily the best. Therefore, I encourage you to pick up a copy of Feedback if you can, and to listen to Freewill, Finding My Way, and The Spirit of Radio.

No comments:

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com