Monday, February 18, 2008

Sloan


I know what you're thinking. "A band that's not from LA or in a video game??? What's going on?!" Well, I don't know. But I do know that Sloan is awesome. The Roman may recognize the song Who Taught You To Live Like That from hearing it in the car. A thousand times. If anyone else knows Sloan, they either live in Canada, live near Canada, bought the same magazine featuring a CD that I did, or need to be worshiped.
Basically, Sloan is from Canada. They're kinda pop, kinda rock, and really fun to listen to. I really can't pin down their style; the bands they've reminded me of so far: the Offspring (mostly vocals), Echo and the Bunnymen, David Bowie, Apples in Stereo, Pixies, and...They Might be Giants. O_o
So they're different. And indie. The instruments are solid, the melodies are catchy, and then there are the lyrics. OH the lyrics. The lyrics in a couple of the songs are the reason they've reminded me of the They Might Be Giants. Each of the four members songs (at least two per album!!), and the band switches instruments at live shows based on what song they're playing. Songs are usually happy upbeat, sometimes kinda silly (lyrics...). All I know is i really enjoy listening to 'em, so I hope you do too.
Two more songs: Underwhelmed and I've Gotta Try

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That's actually the only track from that CD that I listen to over and over again. SO GOOD!! We need to find more of them! (by the way, I downloaded the whole Fratellis album that has those songs you gave me :P)

 
provided by hit-counter-download.com